Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep Cancun Weird!

Cancun's not actually weird at all. Most of the tourist zone looks a good bit like cookie cutter corporate construction, and I don't get the feeling most of the tourists even leave the Zona Hoteliera, but we'll get to that later. Mean time, when you do venture past the friendly confines of your all-inclusive resort (or if you just stay at a hostel in the center of town), here's the occasional weirdness that you may be excited to see - I surely was:

Corona would like to welcome you to the Cancun International Airport! I would like to thank Corona, and drink a Negra Modelo!

This vendor at Parque las Palapas will be very cross with you if you don't buy his wares!

Sad Clown!

Cancun even has a tiny little Mayan archaeological site... which is [quite deservedly] best known for the iguanas that like to work on their tans there. I named this one Geoffrey - we think it's a boy-iguana.

Mercado 28 in Cancun had been expecting me. Amigos, I gotta tell you, I am a big fan of the tacos and the tortas! And the ceviche, and the quesadillas, and did I mention the Negra Modelo?

All that being said... the beaches in Cancun are pretty gorgeous though!

And then, it was time to leave Cancun behind! I don't think I'll miss it all that much really!

No comments: